Information or Data are the most significant attribute for any industry. In fact it indicates the business progress and its potential. Be it a small or a big enterprise, all of them communicate via emails to exchange data and MS Outlook is one such email client which is being widely used by business to communicate with their clients or customers through emails. User can execute all essential everyday jobs such as email formation, file transfer, sending and receiving emails, reading existing mails, saving contacts and much more. Outlook is the only mailing application where users can check their emails even when the Internet is unavailable.
MS Outlook stores files in OST and PST format. OST (Off-line Storage Table) files are usually accessed by the users when Exchange Server is in off-line mode. The synchronization of OST file with Exchange Server is the greatest part of the MS Outlook which enables users to carry on with their work even in the absence of Exchange Server. The user is guaranteed that all the revisions made in the data will be synchronized with the network as soon as the Outlook gets in contact with Exchange server. Where as PST files are the backup files of the Exchange EDB and are saved on the local system's hard drive and can be used whenever needed.
However, MS Outlook is the easiest and simplest to handle email client application but offensive or wrong treatment can result in the malfunctioning of this email client. The hazard of getting data loss is not a newfangled thing as this is happening since the subsistence of the data itself. But the negative effects of data loss are much more relentless in the current situation. From past seven to eight years, nearly every office has got digitalized and each and every important information is stored in the system’s database. In the course of time worth of data has augmented so as the threats related with it. There are several circumstances in which user can experience the damaging or corruption of Outlook files which results in loss of data.
1. Virus attack.
2. Unable to synchronize data in a sequential manner. That leaves data useless.
3. Installation of malicious software
4. Finished Outlook data storage memory which varies from version to version of MS Outlook
5. Unusual termination of the Outlook program
6. Removal of Exchange Server log file - edb.log from the Server.
7. Overwriting of garbage data due to bad file system consequences in corruption of OST files.
1. Bad sectors in hard disk can simply corrupt OST files as the particular folder is stored on it.
2. If the network problem occurs while synchronizing data some which stops the course of action. Then it will result in corruption or damaging of OST files as data is labelled as invalid
3. Power failure is one more issue that can halt the synchronization process which leads to OST files corruption.
Apart from the above talked about aspects, there are many other known/unknown reasons which are responsible for corruption of Outlook data file. By asset of all above listed inaccessibility causes, Outlook offers an integrated utility “Scanost.exe” for repairing corrupt/damaged OST file
Simple steps to repair corrupt/damaged OST file using Scanost.exe are as follows:
· 1. Quit Outlook
· 2. Open Scanost.exe, located in “drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12”
· 3. Select and Click the profile that include the required OST file.
· 4. Opt for Repair Errors check box.
· 5. Click on “Begin Scan”.
But OST Integrity Check utility is not accessible with MS Outlook 2010 and 2013. Also the most important failing with Scanost.exe utility is that occasionally it does not repair the corrupt file. Instead it substitutes the file with new data in rigorously corruption circumstance. In case, if the above integrated utility does not work, you can stay away from this situation by sustaining backup in the form of PST.
Flourishing technology has given birth to superior and efficient OST to PST conversion tools, which delivers supreme outcomes to its users. This tool has become one of the most demanding tools in the present times. Companies which are facing a problem with email data loss can spend into a superior email data recovery tool and get back their important OST files along with its elements. A potent tool converts complete OST data, comprising tasks, journals, contacts, appointments, attachments, notes, and many more. All the recovered data of OST files gets restored in PST file format. But it is worthwhile to opt the tool sensibly as the bad or incompetent tool will make the circumstances even worse.
We can suggest you one proficient tool which provides extra features to smoothen the process of the conversion. Stellar OST to PSTConverter lets the user to execute conversion competently due to its user- friendly interface and front-end technology. This conversion tool has been developed in a way, which can be effortlessly used by an amateur user as well. Its important features are given below:
1. OST to PST conversion
2. Search & Save mail messages in MSG and EML format
3. Provide a preview of mail objects
4. Repair & convert damaged OST file
5. Save converted file at desired location
6. Safe & risk free conversion
The free demo version of the tool can be downloaded through its website which exhibits entire preview of the tool and enables users to check the compatibility with the situation.