Some consequences/symptoms of the Error 0×80042108 in Outlook:
- SMTP email messages couldn’t be sent or received.
- Other mail operations such as mail reply, deletion, or forwarding etc. couldn’t be performed properly.
- Outlook application fails to start or launch.
- Outlook application behaves abruptly.
- Problems while working with Outlook files (such as errors while storing or accessing data).
- Other Outlook operations such as scheduling tasks, saving contacts etc. couldn’t be performed properly.
- You may receive the Outlook Error 0×80042108 if:
- Your have enabled SSL on your system for your Email account.
- Norton Internet Security/Norton Personal Firewall 2002 software/ Norton Anti spam add-in installed on your system.
- Corrupt registry leads to system errors that can cause Outlook Error 0×80042108.
- Incorrect or unnecessary registry changes done by you or someone else can cause Outlook Error 0×80042108.
- Some Anti-spam add-in installed in Outlook that conflicts with your Outlook application.
- Virus or malware Attack
- Outlook application failure or some other problem with Outlook.
- Incorrect Outlook configuration.
- Corrupt or damaged PST files.
- Improper installation or updation of MS Office
Tools to fix the error 0×80042108:
- Outlook provides free inbuilt utility i.e. Inbox repair tool that can be used to resolve the Outlook error code 0×80042108 and other PST corruption related issues. If it fails then you will have to search some alternative PST repair software.
- The Outlook error code 0×80042108 can also be caused due to some incorrect system configurations, registry or wrong settings. In such situation, the error 0×80042108 can be resoled by fixing your system, with the help of registry cleaners.
Sometimes, just restarting the system is enough to fix the error. So, the technical experts advise the users to restart the system before opting for any of the above methods for fixing the error code 0×80042108 .Instead of system restart, you can also try removing office update, restoring the OS and disabling the antivirus or firewall etc. If these works for you then it is great and If don’t then, you can try the tools mentioned above.