In my previous articles, I have discussed the common reasons that cause email duplicates in Outlook and ways to avoid them. In this article, I am going to discuss the hazards caused by Email duplicates in Outlook and the need to eliminate them.
Why do we need to delete duplicate mails from Outlook?
- Duplicate Emails cause wastage of disk space.
- Duplicate Emails increase the PST file size: In MS Outlook 97, 2000 or 2002 versions the increased PST size may cause the 2 GB file size limitation and can lead to PST file corruption.
- The later versions of Outlook offer an increased size limit for PST storage so, the later versions are less prone to corruption due to increased PST size but the increased PST size may slow down the Outlook application
- Increased count of duplicate Emails can also slow down your system. Your system may hang down or become unresponsive for a long time while sending receiving or opening mails in Outlook.
- Increased count of duplicate Emails leads to increased disk input/output activity: Outlook application maintains tables for each user account that stores the data related to each mail that serves useful for finding the location of the mails whenever access to mail is required.
- Increased number of duplicate mails in Outlook will lead to a bigger table and Outlook has to load the table into memory each time an access operation is performed. Also, the traverse operation will take more time and CPU resources.
- Email duplicates causes the increased emails count in user mailbox that will add extra headache for user in Email management and access. More time will be consumed for locating or searching a mail.
- Increased count of duplicate Emails leads to poor and slow Outlook performance that might hamper the communication within the organization and thus, adversely affects the business.
To avoid this type of troublesome situations caused by Email duplicates in Outlook, its better to search and eliminate email duplicates from user mailbox on time to time basis. This can be done either by using manual method or by using an automatic method. Read my previous article, “how to delete the duplicate mails in MS Outlook” if you want to know in detail about the manual mail deletion process.
But if you are looking for an automatic method to eliminate duplicates from your mailbox then, you require duplicate remover software. The Email duplicate remover software provides various advanced search options that eliminates a number of duplicate mails from multiple mailboxes in few minutes thus, saves the user time and efforts.