Outlook provides inbuilt repair utilities to repair the corrupt PST files. Though the Inbox repair tool (ScanPst.exe) possess several limitations.
Have a look at my previous article to know limitations of the Inbox repair tool.
When the ScanPst.exe fails to fix the PST corruption issues then, the user is left with no choice except purchasing some “PST repair software”.
Most prominent features of a PST repair software are:
- It can perform an efficient recovery from all types of PST file corruption.
- It can repair all Outlook mail items (i.e. emails, attachments & calendar items etc.)From the corrupt PST file.
- It allows the user to preview all the recoverable items.
- It allows user to search for specific mails from recoverable items list (by using different searching criteria, such as Sender, Recipient, Subject, and Date.)
- It can recover the corrupt/damaged/inaccessible .pst file and save them to PST file format.
- It can recover accidentally/intentionally deleted mails from the PST file.
- It allows the user to save recovered PST file at any desired location
- It can recover the mailboxes as well as other mail items (Attachments, Contacts, Notes) from a password protected or Encrypted PST file.
- It can repair the PST files of file size 2 GB or larger than 2 GB
- It allows the user to perform selective recovery of the mailbox folders or mailbox items.
- It provides support for multiple Outlook versions: Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, and 2010
- It provides high range of compatibly with various operating systems: Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, and 2000
- It provides you ‘Search’ or ‘Find’ option to search the mails from the recovered items list.
- It allows the user to save the recovered items to an existing PST or create a new PST for saving the recovered Outlook items.
- It doesn’t change the actual formatting of RTF and HTML messages after repair process; those remain intact in the recovered PST file.
- It allows the user to save a single mail in either EML or MSG format
- It creates unique profile for individual PST files
- It allows the user to search his system for the PST file to be imported. If its exact location is known then the user may import it simply by using the ‘Browse’ option.
- It performs fast and efficient recovery as compared to ScanPSt.exe.
- It provides an easy to use and auto guiding interface to the user so, that he can easily recover the PST file without need of any extra assistance.
Well, this is a check list only. When it comes to actually purchasing a PST repair software you need to analyze a few more things such as: your operating system, Outlook version as well as the systems configuration (processor, RAM, hard disk etc.).
Besides all this, you must also assure that some additional support or technical help will be offered to you, if any problem arises while using that particular software.
So, before choosing some software make a wise analysis, run the Demo version. If the Output of the Demo version appears to be satisfactory then, you can go ahead for the full version purchase.