EDB files contains the exchange server database and all the information about user mailboxes, these EDB files are stored in b-tree structure, which includes a top level node and many child nodes. The main EDB files used for the Exchange information store are Priv1.edb and Pub1.edb. The EDB file acts as a pointer to the user’s MS Outlook profile. It is also known as repository of all sent/received emails as well as information related to these emails.
All the EDB files are contained within the folder MDBdata (exchsrvr\mdbdata), it contains all EDB files such as: Priv1.edb file, Pub1.edb file, STM file and Log file etc.
What’s the Need of EDB to PST Converter Software?
Let’s read about some common situations in which you need EDB to PST Converter Software:
- To Convert Exchange MDBdata into PST Files: Whenever, there is a downtime with Exchange server, you can convert Exchange MDBdata into PST files and then, these PST files can be used in Microsoft Outlook.
- To Backup EDB files: EDB file corruption may lead to severe data loss so, to prevent such situation, you need to backup your EDB files at regular intervals so that you can restore your data if EDB gets corrupted.
There is also a second option for taking backup of your EDB data. You can convert your EDB data to PST file and store them separately at any desired location.
- To Extract multiple PST files from single EDB file: EDB to PST conversion enables the users to extract data from both priv.edb as well as pub.edb files, and also allows conversion from EDB to PST files with absolute perfection.
- For Defunct Exchange Server : When Exchange server goes to defunct or non-functioning state then communication tasks within the organization or any other distributed exchange server environment could not be handled properly. Reasons for non-functioning state of Exchange server:
- Unsystematic installation of Exchange Server from organization.
- Removal of users from Exchange Server without deactivating user info.
- Exchange Server unable to function properly.
- Up gradation of Exchange Server to new version from the prior one.
EDB files cannot be opened and the data stored in EDB files becomes inaccessible. In such situation you can take your EDB files and can convert them into PST files, that PST file can be opened easily within MS Outlook.
- For mounting of Exchange EDB files to Outlook: If user wants to mount the Exchange Database to Outlook then, user needs to convert EDB files into PST files.
- For Offline EDB to PST Conversion: If your Exchange server goes down or damaged then, you cannot access the Exchange database. In such situation you need offline EDB to PST Conversion. You can use EDB to PST converter tools for offline EDB to PST conversion.
- Server administrator needs EDB to PST converter tools, if one of his clients lost his PST file. Now, the user will not be able to access his mailbox. By using EDB to PST converter tools server administrator can convert the Exchange database to PST files and can export the specific client mailbox to a new PST file using the command prompt environment provided by Exchange server. This newly created PST file can be used by the client to access his mailbox.
- To Restore Accidentally Deleted Off-Line EDB Mailboxes: If any mailbox got deleted accidentally while your Exchange is off-line then you can recover the deleted mailbox by using offline EDB to PST conversion.