Corruption in OST files may lead to several problems for the user. It may also give you error while trying to read, delete, send or receive mails. Increased size of PST files may also lead to system slow down and later on it may result into major corruption of PST file.
A corrupted OST file can be highly troublesome as it restricts sending/receiving, mails, modifying address book etc. This problem can resolve through OST to PST converter tools.
There are several error messages that indicate that your OST file got corrupted:
- When you are trying to access orphaned or corrupt OST file through MS Outlook you may get a error message:
“Cannot open your default email folders. The file xxxx.ost is not an offline folder file”.
- Sometimes when you are trying to open MS Outlook but it fails to open or synchronize the offline storage file and reflects following error message:
"Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened”.
- When you start MS Outlook or try to open an offline folders .OST file; instead of opening of file you may receive the following error message:
“Errors have been detected in the file_path”.
First of all try to recover data using 2 GB truncation inbuilt utility. If still problem remains the same, then try OST to PST converter tool.
- In MS Outlook when you are unable to add contact you receive the following error message:
"The file_name has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file,
Select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently (shift + Del) delete them."
Benefits of OST to PST conversion:
- Converted OST file can be easily imported and used in Microsoft Outlook email client.
- Conversion of OST to PST is useful to get back all data of not accessible or corrupted OST files.While converting an unusable OST file to PST file the existing data is not altered.
Therefore, by using OST to PST converter tools, corrupted or unusable OST file can be repaired and then converted into PST file that can be conveniently accessed from MS Outlook client and thus, you can easily rescue your crucial mailbox items and messages.