Searching...
Thursday 29 November 2012

How to restore deleted Exchange account?


I am using Exchange Server mailbox in my office.Yesterday, I was screwed when I found that my Exchange mailbox got deleted accidentally, I have lost access to my account. I created new account and used Exchange in cached mode but still, I was not able to access my previous Outlook mail data that was in OST file stored in my local system.
I was totally unaware of the thing that, If we want to open an OST file we need to open it by the same account that created it. Later on, I came to know that the exchange account can be restored.
Steps to restore deleted Exchange account:

  • Firstly, you need to open the system restore application. It may vary from one operating system to another operating system. Go to Start Menu>Programs>Accessories>System Tools.
  • You can also perform the same action by using command prompt:
  • Enter %systemroot%\system32\rstrui.exe in the prompt window and execute 
  • Better if, you remember the exact date when your exchange  profile was deleted, as now you need to pick a date just before the deletion date to restore the system.
  • Restart the system.
  • After that your Exchange account will be back.

Now, you can export the OST File to a PST File. After completion of Export process, you can either delete the Exchange account or you can run the restore process again, if you want to return to the point made before the restore.

The above restore process will be successful, if there is some restore point available and your operating system supports system restore. If it has been a long time, when your account got deleted or If you no longer have access to the computer that was used to create the OST then, it’s almost impossible to recover  your data with help of the restore procedure.

In such situation, you need an OST to PST converter software to convert your OST file to PST. You can easily access the mail data stored in the OST file after importing the converted PST file into Outlook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment