In my article, “Is your entourage database inaccessible?” I have already discussed about Entourage database structure and file format.
In this article, I am going to discuss the various compatible programs and file formats that can be imported in Entourage Email Client.
You can import either Tab or comma delimited text files or .mbox files to Entourage, other type of file import is not supported by Entourage.
You can import data in Entourage from another email client or PIM programs.
Below is the list of supported Email programs:
- All versions of Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Netscape Communicator 4.0 and later versions.
- Claris Emailer (version 2.0v3).
- All versions of Qualcomm Eudora.
List of supported PIM programs:
- Now Contact
- Now Up-To-Date
- Claris Organizer
- Palm Desktop
There can be two ways to import data in to Entourage:
1. Import data by ‘Entourage Setup Wizard’ when you start Entourage for the first time.
2. Import data manually with the help of ‘Import Wizard’ given within Entourage.
Import data by Entourage Setup Wizard
1. Start Entourage program (i.e. for the first time).
2. Type the user information using ‘Entourage Setup Wizard’.
3. Choose one of the following import options:
- Import information from my e-mail program.
- Import information from my personal information manager.
- Import information from both my e-mail program and my PIM.
4. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
Import data manually with the help of Import Wizard
To manually import data in Entourage:
1.Go to the ‘File’ menu
2.Click ‘Import’, to begin the ‘Import dialog box’.
3.Click the program or file from which data is to be imported.
4.Click ‘Next’ to precede import process.
5.Click the items that you want to import.
6.Click ‘Finish’ to complete the import process.
With the help of above steps you can import data from other Apple Macintosh application or some personal information management (PIM) software. You can easily import messages, signatures, addresses, rules, and accounts to your Entourage application. I hope this article will help every user to import data to Entourage from another email client or personal information management software. Your feedback is valuable to me. Be in touch.