From all OST file corruption causes, Outlook error "0x8004010f " is one of the most commonly seen Outlook error, which is generally seen with OST file corruption due to synchronization problem in OST file. MAPI error code “0x8004010f” popup in situations where user is trying to synchronize offline address book, during sending/receiving operations means trying to download that OAB files where Outlook profile is incorrectly configured. New Exchange client users also complaint about this error quite frequently as Exchange takes around 24 - 48 hours to generate offline address book for a new user and if during this time period any Outlook client try to download Offline Address Book, this error would be displayed. Here in this article some symptoms, most common causes of this error and some commonly used methods to fix the error have been discussed.
When a user tries to synchronize OST file on Exchange Server, he may get this error message in Sync Issues folder:
0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed.
0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found.
After encountering the above error,user receives the error message given below in Microsoft Office Outlook when he tries to send an email,
“Task ‘Microsoft Exchange Server’ reported error (0×8004010F): ‘The operation failed. An object could not be found.’”
If this error occurs,outlook terminates the process of synchronization and at that time, client couldn’t connect to his Exchange server Mailbox.
Cause of this Error: There are multiple reasons which could be responsible for the generation of this error in Outlook:
1. Multiple OAB Version folders exist of the same type.
2. OAB lists objects have either missing or incorrect address list.
3. Clients are trying to download that OAB files from a public folder store which have not received the replicated updates.
4. Information Store has invalid Entry ID pointing to folders where clients have nothing to download.
5. OST file had become either corrupt or unusable.
Manual way to resolve this Error: To resolve this error manually, user first need to track the exact location of your default Outlook data file and after that create a new Outlook profile and then Configure that new Outlook profile as your default profile. The procedure has been discussed below in detail within three steps.
Step:1 Tracking the Location of default Outlook data file :
1. Go to Start -> Click Control Panel -> Mail Setup
2. From Mail Setup - Outlook dialog box, click Show Profiles.
3. Choose your current Outlook profile, and then click Properties.
4. In Mail Setup - Outlook dialog box,click Data Files
5. In Account Settings dialog box, select Data Files tab .
6. Note name and location of the default data file of your profile& click Close.
Step: 2 Creating a new Outlook profile:Create an Outlook Profile with IMAP or POP3 email account using an auto account setup.
Step: 3 Set newly configured Outlook profile as a default profile:
1. In New Outlook Mail dialog box, select General tab& select Always use this profile.
2. From drop down menu of Always use this profile, select the new profile.
Note: However if above mentioned steps did not work for you, then probably your Outlook file could be corrupt. In those situations it would be best to use a professional OST to PST conversion software using which corruption of OST file could be cured. Many OST to PST conversion software are available in market to fix OST file corruption and solving synchronization issues of OST file. But before choosing any such tool do complete research, ensure that it is compatible with the current version of MS Outlook and Windows OS which you are using.