"Folders.dbx" is the master index of the entire Store Folder in Outlook Express. The mails in outlook express are stored in DBX file. The store folder contains a set of DBX files. These files are prone to corruption when the database size increases. There might be other reasons for DBX file corruption such as interrupted folder compaction, accidently system shutdown, third party interaction, corruption in DBX, MBX files, system background compaction and virus infection etc.
- "Error 0x800C013C".
- "The message could not be deleted".
- "Outlook Express could not be started because Msoe.dll could not be initialized".
- "An Outlook Express store file may be damaged".
- "Error 0x800C012E5".
- "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Msoe.dll at address".
- MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Msoe.dll.
- MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module "unknown".
- MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Directdb.dll.
- MSIMN caused an exception C0000006h in module Directdb.dll.
- Outlook Express: The message could not be sent. There is not enough Disk space.
- Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131
When the file "Folders.dbx" gets corrupted then the solution is to delete the corrupt file from the Store Folder. That will allow Outlook Express to start and to build a new "Folders.dbx" by re-indexing all DBX files it finds in the Store Folder.
If your DBX files got corrupted then you may follow the given steps to get back the lost information:
- Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list.
- Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.
- Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.
- Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.
- Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.
- These steps help you to recover lost information. In case your information is not recovered yet then it is important for you to convert DBX to PST file through DBX to PST converter software that can surely help you to get your lost data back. DBX File corruption is not only the single reason for DBX file to PST file conversion.
There might be others reasons:
- You may need to convert your DBX file to PST file due to Job Change & change in working environment.
- If you want to change your email client or want to move to MS office just to upgrade it from Outlook express. Then, you need to convert your DBX file to PST file because MS office supports PST file format only.
So, there is no need to panic if DBX file got corrupted or you want to change your email client .You can choose a DBX to PST converter software from a wide variety of tools available.